Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Home for one month

Well, it has been a month since we landed in Newark airport with the newest member of our family. This has been one of the fastest months on record. It has been non stop action since we landed and Liam is just doing great. It is so unbelievable how he just fits right in with everyone. He adjusted very fast to a schedule and there has been no looking back.

Liam has said his first word. It is Goya. Not sure if he wants beans or what, but he says it all the time. He has also mastered da da. I don't think he knows who da da is, but he says it. He also seems to understand when I ask him if he wants to eat. He looks right at the high chair. I think he is a genius.

He is walking all over the place in his walker and crawling everywhere. He is always going somewhere. He loves his playpen. He likes being in there playing with his toys. When he is done playing he lets me know, and anyone else that can hear him.


He loves his crib. I think what has helped him sleep better than in Uralsk is the bumpers. He can't see out. He was always looking around in the crib in our Uralsk apartment. Now, when we come in and sit in the rocker, we just see little eyes peeking out, then he pushes the bumpers down to check out what is going on. He is really very funny. He also likes to sleep at the end of the crib horizontally and sometimes with his feet up.


We have had many visitors in our month home and he is great with them all. It seems like he has alway been here. How can it only be a month?

Hanging with Grandma and Grandpa

Getting ready for take off.

It didn't take long to discover the blinds.


Spending time with Dad.

Since I started working from home, I now have an excellent helper.

Liam meeting our friends visiting from Cali. Lauryn, Erin and Brendan.

Liam getting ready for bedtime. He seems to like sleeping at the ends of the crib.

Here is what we see each morning when we go in. It is now like a game.



No comments:

Post a Comment