Today we have a new neighbor and his name is Noah Ferguson. He is the cutest little guy and sooo good. We were over in the morning for a little bit before our visit with Liam and then again in the evening for a movie. He really is a good little boy. We were there during the evening feeding. Rachel and I had a good time trying to figure out which bottle to use, what nipple went with what bottle, as there were regular ones and drop ins, and then how to warm the formula. The two of us together was quite comical. I am glad there was no video tape.
Liam had a good day. I think he definitely recognizes both Keith and myself. When he hears our voices, he looks for us and gives us big smiles. He loves talking. Liam and Keith have some in depth conversations. Everyday we notice little changes in Liam. He is smiling more, is much more vocal, stays on his stomach a little longer and he is not as antsy as he was in the beginning. It is amazing what a little extra stimulation does. It is still so hard leaving him. I thought he looked a little sad today, oh no, that was me.
We went shopping today, I know what a shock. We needed to buy some new "binks" as the ones we brought from home were shot out across the room. Hopefully, he will enjoy the new binks more than his hand. We bought the binks they use in the baby house so I am hoping he likes them. We also bought some books on Uralsk and some childrens books that are in English, Kazakh and Russian. I was also looking for some traditional kazakh clothing for Liam to have when he gets a little older, but we had no luck. Olga is going to take us to some more places tomorrow, as well as, do a little site seeing. It seems like the time here is flying. In the beginning we would say "we will do it later or tomorrow", but now later is getting very close.
We are really happy that we have made such nice friends in Rachel and Dave and Ian and Tracy. It makes the experience all the more better. Hopefully, we will stay in contact thru the years as our children are all the same age.

Its amazing how much i think he looks like he belongs with you guys... I of course can not pinpoint why... oh wait, God made him that way!!! Anyways... i think he is beautiful and i think he has much better coloring than either of my boys when we got there... his cheeks always have color and his chin... so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteHow big is he? what size is he in? Can't wait for more tomorrow!!