Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Visit to Baby house #1

Today we got a call that we would be going to babyhouse #1. We had asked to go for a visit. Baby house #1 is much bigger than baby house #2. BH1 was initially built to house children whereas BH2 was originally built as a kindergarten school. In BH1 you have to wear slippers. We do not in BH2. Interesting rule. We were greeted upstairs by Tracy, Ian and Baby Savannah. This was the first time we got to meet little Savannah. She is so sweet and so cute.

We then went to a Toy store to get a little toy. I went to buy some blocks and they were $45.oo. The toy prices were unbelievable. They are sooo expensive. The same for a plastic truck, around $40.00. Crazy. We did buy a little Winnie stuffed animal. Not Winnie the Pooh, but his Russian cousin. They have a cartoon here and Winnie is a racoon and he is very cute.

Next our visit with the adorable Liam. When we got to the babyhouse, Liam had not been fed. They actually allowed me to feed him. Very exciting. The bottle is different from the bottles back home and the nipple was definitely aloooot faster. He drank his bottle or I should say he chugged his bottle in no time flat. I have never seen anything like it. It made me a little nervous. I kept thinking he was going to gag or choke and he did twice. But I guess, he is used to it because it did not stop him. He did not miss a beat and he finished his entire bottle.

Tomorrow marks two weeks here in Uralsk. We are getting closer...















Here is his bottle

Liam loves laying sidways





Babyhouse #1

1 comment:

  1. Those skills will come in handy in college.
    Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!

    ReplyDelete