Friday, February 6, 2009

Our first visit with Liam

Today was the best day yet. We spent an entire hour with Liam. Yeah!!! Finally. Olga brought him in dressed in a onesie, cotton pajamas, thick heavy pajamas over the cotton ones and to top it off; a hat. The caretakers at baby house #2 like to make sure the babies are always kept warm. We went over to him and spoke to him for a few minutes. He smiled at us and that was it. He came to both Keith and I no problem. He was laughing and giggling up a storm. It was the greatest hour ever and we can't believe how fast it went. We can't wait for tomorrow. We just wanted to sneak him out but I'm pretty sure that is near impossible, since we were checked on several times during our visit.

He still seems to have a chest cold, as he was weezing, but alot better than our first brief meeting. He enjoys putting everything and anything into his mouth. We gave him two little toys, both of which he ate. He is also excellent at putting his entire fist into his mouth. What do you think, a genius right? We think so. I also was rubbing his face when he decided to come over for a taste. Too funny.

He rolls over, can hold his head up when on his stomach and has pretty good strength in his legs when we hold his hands. I think he is pretty strong. He cannot sit by himself yet. His favorite move so far when we are holding him is the back dive. Very impressive. I'm sure all you Moms and Dads are laughing right now but this is all new to us and we are loving every minute of it.

We have waited so long for this and it is hard to believe it is finally here. We love him already.

Normally there are two visits daily, but the play room is currently busy in the mornings, so we will have one visit in the afternoon. Hopefully, next week we will be back to two.

Liam's grand entrance

Eating his hand

Talking about the Bengals with Dad

Nice hair- it is a little reddish




3 comments:

  1. Wow. Just wow. I'm smiling like an idiot reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... i have goosebumps... what a sweetie! I am so happy that he was happy and giggly! That is awesome!He is SOOOOOO cute! He looks so little... and do i see long little fingers!? Oh so sweet! I can't wait to see you all again.... hopefully this summer!!!! much love!
    Christel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, he's precious! Congratulations! Definitely a day you will never forget.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete